Book by James Lapine
Music & Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
Dates / Show Times:
Aug. 31—Sep. 16, 2018
Fridays 7pm, Saturdays 7pm, Sundays 2pm
Additional 2pm matinees on Sep. 8 & 15
Be careful what you wish for! This adaptation of Stephen Sondheim’s and James Lapine’s groundbreaking, Tony Award-winning musical features all of your favorite characters – Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack (and his beanstalk), and the Witch, in this lyrically rich retelling of classic Brothers Grimm fables.
The musical centers on a baker and his wife, who wish to have a child; Cinderella, who wishes to attend the King’s festival; and Jack, who wishes his cow would give milk. When the baker and his wife learn that they cannot have a child because of a witch’s curse, the two set off on a journey to break the curse and wind up changed forever.
July 18 & 19, 2018 at 6:00 pm
Callbacks: July 21
Age range: 8—15
Please Come Prepared:
- Bring two songs for contrast: one ballad, and one upbeat.
- Choose appropriate songs (from a Sondheim-style musical, not pop).
- Be ready to sing 32 bars of each song (near a minute and a half).
- Bring music on CD, mp3, or accessible on your phone.
- List all of the schedule conflicts you may have on your calendar from now through show dates.
- Bring a photo and résumé. See notes about this on the Auditions page.
Director / Musical Director: Heather Walker