Book by Alex Timbers
Music & Lyrics by Michael Friedman
Dates / Show Times:
Jan. 11—27, 2019
Fridays 7pm, Saturdays 2pm & 7pm, Sundays 2pm
Additional 2pm matinees on Jan. 19 & 26
Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson follows America’s seventh president from his early days as a child on the wild frontier to his controversial reign in the White House. With the country divided into rich and poor (and with continued skirmishes with the Native Americans upsetting pieces of the new world), Jackson begins his steady climb from military strategist to populist rabble-rouser to President of the United States. Along the way, he meets his wife, Rachel, takes on the Founding Fathers – and rocks like no political figure has ever rocked before, with the help of an onstage trio and an entourage of singing, joking cohorts. It also asks the question: is wanting to have a beer with someone reason enough to elect him? What if he’s really, really hot?
Oct. 23 & 24, starting at 6:00 p.m.
Callbacks: Oct. 25, starting at 5:00 p.m.
- Age range: 14—19
- Please come prepared to sing 32 bars of an appropriate style song (with proper cut sheet music only) and a one-minute monologue.
- Headshot and résumé are required.
- Please check your schedule of school events, family travel, etc. and come prepared with a complete list of scheduling conflicts occurring from the dates of callbacks through the performance run of the show. That includes times after 4:00 p.m. on school days (note the travel time you may need), and all weekend dates. This information is crucial for forming a rehearsal schedule; later “surprise” conflicts are not excused.
- Auditions are held at Spotlight Youth Theatre (see address below).
- If you have any questions or concerns, contact us.
- Director Kenny Grossman
- Musical Director Tristan Peterson-Steinhart
- Choreographer Tina Caspary
- Scenic & Media Design Bobby Sample
- Costume Design Samantha Utpadel
- Lighting & Sound Design Josh Hontz